Source : IgMp Bureau
The Archer NG weaponized Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) drone has recently started the manufacturing process under the supervision of the Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE).
As per reports, it will be equipped with an Israeli ELTA ELM-2022U Long-Range Airborne Multi-Mode Maritime Surveillance radar that has the capability for the detection and automatic tracking of small targets in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR).
ELTA’s ELM-2022 radars are a family of X-Band multimode airborne maritime surveillance radars, designed for different airborne platforms such as fixed-wing, rotary-wing, manned and unmanned aircraft.
The radars provide a cost-effective force-multiplier solution for operational missions in the maritime theater. They operate as a true all-weather, day and night sensor capable of penetrating clouds, rain, smoke, smog, fog and man-made camouflage. Modular hardware, flexible interfaces and antenna design allow for easy and quick integration on different aircraft.
Highlights of ELTA ELM-2022U Maritime Radar
- · Long-range maritime surveillance, up to 200 nm (large targets up to horizon)
- · Detection of small targets in adverse sea conditions
- · Automatic tracking of all detected targets
- · Range profile, ISAR and CSAR classification modes, with automatic classification to class (ISAR library)
- · Strip and spot Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) imaging and GMTI as ISR support for ground operation
- · Integrated IFF/AIS system
- · Advanced Ground Radar Operation Station (GROS)
Archer-NG will also be used for air-to-air surveillance, air-to-ground intelligence, and reconnaissance and surveillance missions alongside precision strike missions.
NOTE : Article cannot be reproduced or no information from this article should be used without written permission of theigmp.org in any form even for YouTube Videos to avoid Copy right strikes, if we find same informations or the entire article without our permission, we will take necessary action.